Saturday, July 23, 2011

Toasty Warm Winter Hands With Icebreaker Quantum Gloves

I mentioned these in my last blog, but I rode with them again today and was, once again, blown away by how warm they were for something so thin and lightweight.

When I first opened the box and pulled out my new Icebreaker Quantum Gloves, my first thoughts were that they look nice (all Icebreaker stuff does), they fitted well, and the grip pattern on them looked very practical. I must admit that I also thought that they looked to be a little too lightweight for the zero-to-five-degree rides I had been doing of late, and so put them aside for when the weather was maybe a little more favourable. Big mistake on my part there. Last Wednesday, I decided to give them a little test run, just to see how they fared against a fresh two degree evening for our MMBC night race and I couldn't believe how warm my hands stayed. I got home, and my hands were probably the warmest part of my body. So not only do these puppies keep your fingers toasty warm, but they weigh nothing and are completely non-bulky so you can still feel the brakes, the handlebars, and your fingers.

The Quantum Gloves are made from Icebreaker's 260 weight Merino wool. They have a grip pattern across the palm of the hand up to the tip of the index finger and thumb, perfect for braking (unless you brake with the incorrect finger, like I do, in which case, I still found they worked perfectly fine) and the sleeve of the glove goes nice and high up your wrist so you don't have nasty wind making it's way right up the sleeve of your Icebreaker Oasis Crewe (which you should be wearing under your jersey in this sort of weather!!!). I'm really stoked with these gloves as a Winter riding buddy... Totally worth the investment and no more expensive than a standard pair of decent riding gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment