Thursday, August 19, 2010

Icebreaker Product Review

So I've been using Icebreaker's merino goodness for some time now and I'm really stoked to welcome Icebreaker as a new supporter. I've been trialling some of their new products over this Winter, including their GT range with 3% lycra (awesome fit!). They make some great casual gear and active wear alike, and the really exciting thing is that they are in the process of perfecting their cycle gear range, so keep an eye out for it's release.

The best thing about Icebreaker is the ability to layer. Everything fits well to allow other layers over the top to remain nice and cosy out. Personally, I'm not a big fan of wind vests and rain jackets. I find them bulky and they don't breathe well, making for an uncomfortable ride. Realistically, once it rains and you're on the bike, you're wet. I'm ok with being wet, but not cold and wet. I have spent the winter using Icebreaker GT merino underlayers under my jersey, gloves and shorts as well as nice warm icebreaker socks under my shoes, so when I get wet, the merino layers warm up and stay warm against my skin, so as long as you don't mind being a bit wet, there's no need for cumbersome jackets or vests.

I've also started trying out some of their "yet to be released" cycle range. The jerseys are comfortable, breathe well and keep you warm in the cold and cool in the heat. They also have cool little features like a zip insert in the back pockets for keys/change and a little MP3 pocket with a hole to run your headphones underneath the jersey so they don't get caught up in all the other stuff in your pockets... And as with all icebreaker, they don't stink after you ride in them! They fit really well, too. I can't wait to try out their new knicks (shorts).

Check out their products on the Icebreaker Website. There's something there for everyone... And keep an eye out for their new cycle range!

No comments:

Post a Comment