Monday, December 30, 2013

Excuses, Excuses!!!



OK, so I know what you’re thinking right now… “It’s been far too long since Megan entertained us with her witty brand of candid adventure story-telling”, and I feel your pain… I’ve missed it too.
It hasn’t been for lack of stories to tell… Actually, quite the opposite. In the last three months, I have climbed Mount Ruapehu one last time for the Winter, found myself a lovely young lady to share my adventures with (hi Lisa!!!), narrowly avoided been struck by lightning, raced a 24 hour solo world championship, participated in a Land Search and Rescue SAREX weekend, raced and won the Taniwha for the second year in a row, raced the Huka Challenge in Taupo, raced and won the Round Rangihoua 4 hour on Waiheke island, hosted numerous cycle tourists at my house, camped and rock climbed in Kawakawa Bay for a weekend and spent an inordinate amount of time playing in my backyard that is the Whaka forest. In fact, in the last week alone, I hiked to the Pinnacles, climbed Mount Tarawera and did a 3 day cycle tour around the Coromandel… Then to top it all off, I am spending new years eve camped out on the summit plateau of Mount Ruapehu…

Yep, it’s been full-on, but it’s pretty damn rude of me that I have kept these adventures to myself and not shared them with those of you who seem to live my crazy lifestyle in relative safety vicariously through my blog. There is no real excuse, but there has, in all honesty, being a genuine blockage in the way, and that is the processing of my experience at 24 hour solo world championships this year. I like to write with positive energy and foresight and after writing and rewriting about my experience numerous times, I still haven’t felt that I could do that yet… For some reason, I have come to the conclusion in my head that I simply can’t write about anything until I have written about world champs… Because world champs is THE most important thing. What absolute bullshit… So I guess I have taken the first step here in realising that there are, in fact, other way cool things going on in my life that it doesn’t need to be controlled by a single race.

The second part of that is that over the next few weeks, I’m going to bombard you with some musings on some amazing adventures accompanied by some even more amazing photos, which will hopefully then allow my brain some space to do the third…

Write about world champs… And you will, my dear friends, hear about that when I am damn well ready for it… In the meantime, enjoy the adventures you have in front of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment