Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Red Centre Enduro Day 2

Line up for 50km of amazing technical singletrack!!! Whoot! Today was a sweet day to be at the Red Centre Enduro. We started at the old telegraph station and set out around the custom-built trails the locals have carved out so lovingly. Yesterday was just a taste of the trails Alice Springs has to offer... Today was even better. Technical climbs, flowy trail that was loose enough to flick the bike around corners at speed, but not so loose to be a hinderance. It was nice riding.

I had a great day on the bike today. I felt strong in the saddle, I had my bike setup dialled and my eye was in for the technical stuff. Only thing was I probably didn't quite eat or drink enough. Finishing in just over 3 hours, I came in 6th with enough time under my belt to push me up into 6th place in general classification (YES!!!). All in all, a great day out on the bike... 3 days to go and feeling good!

Photo credit: Emily Dimozantos

No comments:

Post a Comment