Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shave to Ride!

Hi all!

In my crazy quest to raise funds to continue racing, I’ve decided to shave my head (well, that and the fact that I really couldn’t be bothered doing my hair every morning just to go and stick it under a helmet). Most of you who know me will find this rather amusing… Those of you who don’t know me so well can get your kicks from the fact that people who do know me think that this is hilarious (apparently I have an odd-shaped head). To add an extra twist, and to encourage some trans-tasman competition, I will also color my remaining hair (it’ll be a number 1 shave) in either green and gold, or black and white… Depending on which country I get the most donations from (on a dollar for dollar match-up).

In the spirit of supporting a good cause, I will also be donating half the funds I raise from my shave to a charity called World Bicycle Relief. These guys provide bikes for people in impoverished regions to help them get a basic education.

So here’s how it works…
Donations can be made either by direct deposit or cash (in person). Direct deposits can be made to the bank accounts below (there’s an Aussie account and a Kiwi account). When you make your donation, as a reference, please put your name (or Anonymous if you don’t wish for me to know who you are) and either “NZ” or “OZ” for the color head you would like to see me sporting for 24 hour solo world champs. If you’d like to make a cash donation when you see me next, I will record your donation and NZ or OZ in a receipt book.

NZ Account: 06-0596-0052994-04 (National Bank)
Aussie Account: 112-879(BSB) 056 759 948(account number)

The shave and color will take place in the last week of September (date to be confirmed to fit in with my training) at Luxe & Duke Salon, 483 Richmond Road Grey Lynn. Steph and the team here are generously donating their time and skills to vandalise my head. Steph has been my hairdresser ever since I moved to NZ and not only does she do a fantastic hair cut, but she’s a real nice chick, too. Luxe & Duke is Steph and Paula's new salon and they opened today (congrats guys!). You can ring the salon on 09 360 1477 to make an appointment.

So……. Get cracking and make your donation. 2 worthy causes and an amusing outcome to be had! Promise I’ll post pictures on my web page!

No comments:

Post a Comment