Friday, January 21, 2011

NDuro Summer Series 2011 Race 1

In my usual style, this blog is a smidgen late. A weekend or two ago saw me head to Rotorua once again for one of NDuro's fine events. They really turned on the sunshine for this one and the trails were bone dry and FAST.

I did the 45km course which took us all the way up to the top of Billy T via No Brains and back down to Waipa Mill again. One of my favourite tracks, Corners, was in there, although I never feel like I ride it as fast as should be able to! It felt great to be back on the bike and whilst the legs felt a little heavy and a little slow, I generally felt pretty good. The organisers have gotten a bit creative this year with the long course and there are a couple of timed sections now... A King of the Mountain (KOM) and then a time trial section on an undulating piece of trail. To be honest, I missed the start of the time trial piece of track (I don't think I was paying attention... I was having too much fun) but might try and pay more attention at the next one for some good speed training half way through the race.

Next one is this Sunday, after the 110km Tour De Ranges in Clevedon on Saturday... A weekend of fun! Here's hoping the weather is kind to us all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment